And we welcome you for Shabbat …
- Kabbalat Shabbat service Friday, March 7, 8:00 pm
- Shabbat Shacharit service Saturday, March 8, 9:30 am – Our Saturday morning service will mark International Women’s Day by highlighting women’s voices in the liturgy and Torah, as well as the different “faces” of God.
- Lunch and Song Saturday, Saturday, March 8 at 11:45 am
- Torah Study session – The Purim Story Saturday, March 8, 1:00 to 2:15pm
- Havdallah Educational and Social Evening, Saturday, March 8 at 7:45 home of the Binningtons – Bridges to Rivers: How we connect with people of other faiths and cultures, side by side We are increasingly in the company of people of other faiths and cultures – in our families, with co-workers, friends and neighbours. Rather than focus on the differences we have to bridge, we want to explore the idea that we are going down the river together, side by side. How do we openly bring forward who we are and meet people of other faiths and cultures where they are? Rabbi Gusfield will share stories and insights from her work as a chaplain, bringing her Jewish perspective into a hospital setting that is mostly non-Jewish. We welcome your stories through this interesting evening.
- Sunday Morning Session, Sunday, March 9 at 9:45 am with coffee, tea and refreshments Topic: “Healing sources in our liturgy and tradition” – Rabbi Gusfield will guide the discussion by bringing forward and unraveling some of the rich sources for healing in our liturgy and tradition ou will have the opportunity to send healing to others and yourself.